Speach by Uldum at the signing ceremony
Speach by Minister for Finance and Mineral Resources Mr. Anda Uldum, at the signing of the Exploitation Licence and Impact Benefit Agreement for the Qaqortorsuaq/White Mountain (Naajat) Anorthosite project
- Thank you everyone – we are delighted that the Impact Benefit Agreement has now been signed. We now move on to the Exploitation Licence.
- The Exploitation Licence is an exclusive licence which gives Hudson the exclusive rights to exploit anorthosite in the licence area.
- The Exploitation Licence is the overarching document which sets the terms and conditions for all subsequent activities in the project.
- Today’s signing is therefore a key milestone in the process. The Exploitation Licence that we are about to sign, is the key document on which we will base our future cooperation.
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hudson for a constructive and positive cooperation in the process so far.
- The process started in March earlier this year, when Hudson handed in their application for an exploitation licence.
- Many aspects have been discussed, and many people have been consulted. All of this, in order to ensure that this Exploitation Licence benefits all parties – the industry and the population.
- The process sets a shiny example for our future cooperation, which I personally look very much forward to.
- This project offers many opportunities for Hudson, for Greenland and for Greenlanders. My colleague Vittus has already mentioned the job opportunities, which are an important element to Naalakkersuisut.
- On top of this comes the public income which this project will generate. As the Naalakkersuisoq for Finances as well as Mineral Resources, this point is particularly important to me.
- On behalf of Naalakkersuisut, I will sign the Exploitation Licence and wish us all well in the work that lies ahead.
- So without further ado, let us get started. Let us take our pens and conclude the Exploitation Licence – and begin on a new exploitation journey together.
Read the Press Release from the signing here.