The companies that must have environmental approval go respectively under the everyday names of “Chapter 5 companies” and “Listed companies”.
Is your company a Heavily Polluting Enterprise?
The Heavily Polluting Enterprises, plants and installations, etc., are listed in the enterprise categories in Annex 1 Greenland Home Rule Proclamation No. 11 of 20 August 2004 on environmental approval of heavily polluting enterprises, etc.:
For Annex 1, click here. Enterprise categories are as follows:
- Production of iron, steel or other metals
- Extraction and processing of gravel, stone and other building materials
- Treatment of crude oil, petroleum products and bitumen
- Chemical manufacturing, etc.
- Processing of vegetable raw materials
- Processing of animal raw materials
- Storage, disposal or treatment of waste in general
- Power and heat generation
- Construction for motor vehicles and other means of transport
- Animal husbandry
- Other enterprises
You can find information about whether your company, plant, device, etc., is a Heavily Polluting Enterprise and which category your company, plant, device, etc., belongs to by reading here.